The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Business Intelligence Data Engineer with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The Business Intelligence (BI) engineer responsible for developing and implementing a strategic Business Intelligence capability for across the organization to enable self-service analytics and operational reporting and help us transform into a data driven organization. The candidate must have a passion for how data can be leveraged and used to drive deeper, meaningful insights that enhance the customer experience, grow our businesses, minimize risk and engage our employees.
- Lead the migration and rationalization of reports and insights to a mature BI environment to agreed prioritization and implementation schedules
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design and data models that deliver self-service analytical capabilities to the business users
- Manage reporting/dashboard projects from inception to completion and follow up with report users to maintain reports and make adaptations in response to changing operations and strategies.
- Drive operational efficiency within the BI capability by automating development and deployment tasks.
- Explore and validate existing reports to identify opportunities for improvement with new technology and ways of working
- Develop and manage a change management plan which will, train end-users to access reports/dashboard, locate documentation, and adopt to new technology.
Required Skills & Experiences (must have):
- University degree with a quantitative degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent program
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task. Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties; has the ability and initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department activities or goals and be a strong team player.
- Extensive expertise in data technologies and the use of reporting and analytics tool development. Particular focus on understanding the use of Cloud (Azure) and Hadoop-based technologies and programming or scripting languages like Java, Scala, Linux, C++, Python, R and SAS Base.
- Experience working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sets, determining the key takeaways or action items and communicating them pictorially
- Working knowledge of regarding different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as MS SQL server, DB2, Hawq/HDB, MongoDB, Cassandra or Hbase;
- Hands-on experience in writing complex and optimized SQL queries across different data sets.
- Experience with scripting (Shell, Python) in a Linux environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience and capability in translating non-technical user requests into complex technical specifications and solutions that meet these requirements
- Experience in big data/data reporting and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos …etc)
- Knowledge of database architecture and HDFS, Map Reduce, Presto, Hive, Impala, Spark, or similar
- Experience working with and creating restful APIs.
- Good to have experience in Python for data science –NumPy, matplotlib, pandas data frame, Jupyter notebooks
- English : Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)
- Japanese : Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)
IT (Other) - Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Depends on experience
Other Salary Description
Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave), Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
Asia Japan Tokyo
Saturdays and Sundays
Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
Annual Paid Holiday
For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
Job Contract Period
Hiring a permanent position
- Your Recent Searches
- You Might be Interested In