The project governance manager is a senior role within the Project Portfolio Office reporting to the director of the department. Working with a small team of PMO professionals you will partner with stakeholders across the organization and the Asia-pacific PMO to ensure that Japan-based projects are governed correctly and conform to company standards. A significant portion of the work will be developing and improving the function and the team to better mature and support the project delivery functions.
● Lead and perform key activities to ensure adherence to the appropriate governance functions, standards, and practices relating to the run and maintenance of our enterprise portfolio of projects.
● Act as the Japan authority for Project Governance and Oversight. Provide guidance and consulting to execution teams in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
● Lead the team to improve, develop, and mature the PMO/governance function.
● University degree or similar
● 5+ years experience in either a project delivery function or a PMO function;
● 3+ years in the insurance industry (Life Insurance or Financial Institutions preferred);
● 3+ years in managing teams of people, either direct reporting or through projects:
● Hands-on experience driving development & implementing improvement of business processes within large organizations;
● Solid understanding of the Waterfall and Agile methods of delivery;
● PMP, Prince2, Agile, or other project related certification is an advantage;
● PowerBI and Planview (or other PMM system) experience an advantage
● A passion for project management and a desire to make changes to improve and mature the function.
● A self-starter attitude to formulate improvement plans and deliver on plans to improve the function with little guidance needed from above.
● Possess excellent leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills to lead cross-functional teams and coach/advise peers and staff.
● Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to work independently with minimal direction in situations requiring adaption to changes.
● Detail orientated. An ability to track and follow multiple projects and ensure that all are progressing to plan and conforming to standards. Tracking of details in either Excel, SharePoint, Confluence, Kanban boards, or other tracking tools are required.
● Self-motivated, confident, and willing to take ownership of the governance/oversight function.
● Ability to successfully manage interaction with internal stakeholders with professionalism and collaboration.
● Reporting – creating presentations for various stakeholders. In particular senior executive level/quality reports.
● Ability to think and work creatively and work around traditional roadblocks.
● Bilingual (business level) in Japanese & English is required
- English : Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)
- Japanese : Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)
IT (Other) - Project Manager
Finance - Other
JPY 10,000,000 - 12,000,000
Other Salary Description
Commuting/ Transportation Allowance
Childcare Leave/Family care Leave
Baby-sitter support program
wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave)
Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee)
Asia Japan Tokyo
9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Include 1 hour break. Flextime system available)
Job Contract Period
- Your Recent Searches
- You Might be Interested In