教育/トレーニング/語学系 - 教師/講師/インストラクター
アジア 日本 神奈川県
アジア 日本 愛知県
We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2020 term.
* Many course start dates for Spring 2020 have been pushed back due to the spread of COVID-19. Please contact us if you are interested in positions with immediate starts. Many courses are being taught online this term.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
[Spring Term] Tokyo and Kanagawa
[Fall Term] Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years’ experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
*Online Interview available
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world. Find out more about Westgate at our website.
【Measures against passive smoking】
No smoking indoors allowed
On-campus work hours will differ from school to school
(e.g., 8:50 a.m. - 5:50 p.m., 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.).
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
Contract based position (Renewable contract)
- Spring Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
- Fall Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months)