If you are unable to find your query below, please click Contact Us at the bottom of the page to let us know how we can help you.
- Which browser would you recommend to view the site properly?
- We recommend the following browsers for the best possible experience.
For each browser, please use the latest version.
- I've forgotten my username and/or password!
- If you have forgotten your password and/or username, just enter the e-mail address that you registered with your account on the
Reset Password page.
We will then send you an email with your username and a link to create a new password.
For security reasons, your password cannot be retrieved as-is. We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you have forgotten your current password you will need to create a new one.
- I cannot reset my password.
- If you have forgotten your username and password or are not able to log in, please go to the Reset Password page
and fill in the email address registered with your account. You will receive your username and a link to create
a new password.
If you are still having problems logging in after changing your password, please make sure that you have followed the guidelines below:
1) It has NOT been over 4 hours since you received the e-mail to reset your password. The link to reset your password expires after 4 hours.
2) Your new password does NOT include an empty space or any capital letters.
3) Your new password is more than 5 characters long.
4) Your username is the one registered with your account. Try to copy and paste the username directly from the reset password e-mail if you are having problems with this.
5) If you have multiple accounts, make sure you are using the correct account. You can confirm the usernames of all of your accounts in the "reset password" mail.
6) If you have multiple accounts, please double check which accounts' password you changed.
7) Make sure that you have visited the full URL listed in the email.
- Can I register with my mobile/PHS address?
- Mobile and PHS e-mail addresses may not be registered as the main address on a new account. You are, however, able to receive notifications of messages from employers at a mobile or PHS address. If you wish to enable this feature on your account, enter your mobile or PHS address in the "Personal Information" section of the resume revision screen, or click the "Mobile Phone Notification" link in the upper right corner of the Messages section of your My Page.
- I want to change my registered e-mail address.
- Please click on the “Account Info” tab from your My Page in order to change your registered e-mail address.
- May I send you my resume/CV through e-mail to apply for jobs available on your website?
- No, you will not be able to apply for jobs through e-mail. Working Abroad exists as a medium only to provide you with information about hiring companies.
- Do you provide personal support to help me find a job abroad?
- No, we do not provide personal support to our job-seekers to find a job abroad. However, we do have a “Career Tips” Page which is used to provide information about working in another country.
- I want to cancel a job application.
- Once you've submitted an application for a position, you cannot cancel your application. If it must be rescinded, please contact the hiring company directly.
- A company is not responding to my application. Can I follow up with them?
- It is not possible for you to contact a company directly via Daijob.com without the company having contacted you
first. If a company to which you have applied has previously contacted you through the Messages section of your
My Page, you are able to contact them by replying to that message.
Please note that the amount of time it takes to receive a response to an application will vary per company. Some companies may respond within a day while others may take several, or even weeks.
If you would like to double check that your application was indeed completed, you can view a list of your completed applications on the Application History section of your My Page.
- I want to confirm whether my application has been submitted or not.
- Please check the "Application" section of your My Page. When you submit an application, the hiring company receives notification of your application and is given authorization to view your resume.
- Can I change my resume after submitting a job application?
- Yes! It is possible to revise your resume after applying. When an employer receives notification of a job application, the employer is then given authorization to view the applicant's resume directly from Daijob's resume bank. When you revise your resume, the revisions are then reflected in the resume bank, so if you revise your resume after submitting an application but before the employer views it, the employer will view your revised resume.
- What does "Scout" mean, exactly?
- "Scout" is our way of telling you how companies will view you: just like a 'scouted' sports star or actor. If you make your resume public and certain companies have interest in you, they will "scout" you (i.e. contact you directly via your registered account). We refer to these contacts as Scout Mails.
- What information is viewable to companies when I make my resume searchable?
- Even if you make your resume searchable, private information such as your name and detailed address will not be visible. Hidden information also includes your telephone number(s), and email address(es). Everything under Employment History Details and Skills is, however, visible from the moment you make your resume public.
- How do I make my resume searchable?
- To make your resume searchable, you must finish writing your Working Abroad resume, meaning everything must be filled out. If your resume is not “Searchable”, it will not be posted to the public Resume Bank. Please check your resume again and make sure you have provided all of the required information. One of the most often overlooked areas is the Work Experiences section. If you have blank sections, please delete them by clicking the blue trash can.
- How does Daijob Global Recruiting protect my personal information?
- Daijob Global Recruiting Co., Ltd. (Daijob.com's parent company) collects and uses its users' personal
information with the utmost care. Daijob Global Recruiting Co., Ltd. has implemented internally its “Principles
for Protecting Personal Information” which all staff strictly adhere to, and is a registered company under
the Japanese government's Privacy Mark system. [Certification No. 10862122(02)]
For further information in regards to Japan's Privacy Mark system, please visit: http://privacymark.jp/
- When is my personal information shown to companies?
- Your private information is normally never shown. There are only a few instances, in fact, where your private information will be revealed, and we ensure that it is by your choice alone. If you reply to a Scout Mail as "Interested," for example, your private information will be released to that company. If you would like to make an inquiry before releasing your information to the company, please choose the "Considering" or "Not Interested" statuses when replying.
- How do I completely withdraw my information from Working Abroad?
- To cancel your account with Working Abroad, please login to your My Page and proceed to the Account Cancellation located at the bottom.
- The company that I applied to was very rude.
- Working Abroad exists as a medium only and cannot be involved or held responsible in interaction between applicants and companies. On a case-by-case basis, however, we may call public attention to certain companies' actions, should their representatives not behave in a way befitting good recruitment policy.
- I've found an error on the site. How do I work around it? How do I report it?
- First, please ensure that you are viewing the site using one of our
suggested browsers . Adjusting your settings
alone may be enough to fix whatever error you may be experiencing.
*Please note that Java and cookies need to be enabled in order to use Daijob properly.
If adjusting your settings does not fix the error, please fill out and submit an error report via our Contact Us page below.
If possible, please include the following information in the "Inquiry" section of the form:
* Your username.
* The email address registered with your user account.
* The browser that you were using to view the page at the time of the error, along with the browser's version number.
* The operating system (OS) that you were using at the time of the error.
* The page on which the error occurred.
* A detailed description of the error
- Your Recent Searches
- You Might be Interested In